Developing Competencies for HR Success is an 11-week comprehensive leadership course developed to provide-mid to senior-level human resource professionals, committed to working in the public sector, with a foundation for success. This comprehensive training program challenges HR professionals to meet the ever-changing demands of the public sector and prepares you to be a partner in organizational change-ensuring your agency remains relevant for the future.
This course will transform your organization by encouraging and implementing the 20 competencies of the IPMA-HR Competency Model. It will help you and your staff shift from managing "people issues" to managing "people-related business issues."
While covering the 20 competencies, you will learn about self-assessment, building teams and coaching staff, resolving disputes and reaching consensus, creating a risk-taking environment, effective communication techniques, building trust relationships, concensus-building skills- and more.
Position your organization for the future. HR is no longer "just" about recruiting and benefits. Today's human resources department plays a critical role in the organization's success. with this course, you'll gain valuable tools and solutions that address the particular needs and demands of the public sector, helping you prepare for your essential role as a partner in organizational change.
- Gain expertise in the four major roles that human resources plays in any public sector organization: HR Expert, Business Partner, Leader, and Change Agent.
- Explore the 20 competencies for HR Success
- Learn new and effective communication techniques.
- Discover the changes happening within and around public sector HR
- Network and share with peers from all over the country
- Gain skills that help you better serve your agency's leadership
- Improve your current organizational dynamics
- Take a step towards IPMA-HR certification
- Enjoy high-quality training- without the time and expense of travel!
Mid and Senior-level HR Professionals
The materials for the course will be mailed to you upon registering.
- The Developing Competencies for HR Success Manual
- Risk Taking Inventory Guide