Leadership facilitates high performance – and good leadership begins in HR. Your role is no longer "just" about recruiting and benefits. Today’s human resources department plays a critical role in its agency’s success, teaching team-building skills, coaching staff, resolving disputes and building consensus, helping create a risk-taking environment, offering effective communication techniques, fostering trust relationships and more.
This comprehensive leadership course was developed to provide mid- to senior-level public sector human resource professionals with a foundation for success. You can expect to be challenged. You can also expect to receive valuable tools and solutions to meet the ever-changing demands of the public sector.
Onsite: Bring this course to your agency
By encouraging and implementing the 20 competencies of the IPMA-HR Competency Model, both you and your staff have the tools to move from managing "people issues” to managing "people-related business issues." While covering the 20 competencies, you can expect to learn about self-assessment, building teams and coaching staff, resolving disputes and reaching consensus, creating a risk-taking environment, effective communication techniques, building trust relationships, consensus and coalition-building skills and more.
- Explore the four major roles of human resources: HR expert, business partner, leader, and change agent.
- Take a deep dive into the 20 Competencies for success, which include self-assessment, team-building and coaching, dispute resolution, consensus-building, essential communication skills, building trust relationships and more.
- Practice new and effective communication techniques.
- Discover the changes happening within and around public sector HR.
- Network and share with peers from around the country.
- Position yourself to better serve your agency's leadership with enhanced skills.
- Improve your current organizational dynamics.
- Take an important step toward professional certification.
Audience: Mid- to senior-level public sector HR professionals
Your trainer: TBD
Cost: $895 for members, $1,095 for nonmembers
Recertification points and CE:
- IPMA-SCP: 12 points
- HRCI: 25 credits
- SHRM: 25 credits