(PLEASE NOTE: As we transition to our new brand, we will be making a number of updates, including to our certifications. For the time being, we will continue to award the IPMA designations/certifications as they are.)
Are you new to public sector HR or considering a career shift? This course was specifically designed for someone like you and will help ease the transition of HR professionals to the unique needs of the public sector.
You will learn about all major areas of the public sector HR operation and leave with solid working knowledge of the following topics:
- Public Sector HR Basics
- Job Classification and Compensation
- Employee Benefits
- Labor and Employee Relations
- EEO and Diversity
- Organizational Development
Government executives, this is a perfect program to recommend to your frontline and mid-level human resources staff. The expertise, strategies, and expanded professional network they'll gain will benefit your organization for years to come.
Benefits of this course:
- Complete each module at your own pace over a period of 2 weeks.
- Online discussions with your instructor and peers from around the country.
- Key principles and concepts are reinforced through online materials and written assignments.
- Instructors are top public sector human resource professionals who understand the unique issues, challenges and opportunities of HR in the government environment.
- Upon completion of the eight modules, participants walk away with a certificate of completion.
- Become IPMA-CP certified with a passing score on the IPMA-CP exam.
Audience: HR professionals new to public sector HR
Cost: $999 for members, $1,299 for nonmembers
Required Textbook: Human Resource Management, Fifteenth Edition, by Robert L. Mathis and John H. Jackson
Engage with your Classmates:
This course includes four Live Zoom Q&A Sessions (Attendance to two sessions is required). The Q&A schedule will be sent to you separately via e-mail.
Please review IPMA-HR's newly revised cancellation policies below:
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email advising you how to log into the course. The course will open for review one day before the course start date.
Recertification points: IPMA-CP/IPMA-SCP: 24 points