Are you new to public sector HR? Advance your professional development with invaluable expertise and specific strategies for success in the public sector with this foundational course.
Designed to meet the unique needs of the public sector HR professional, this course eases the transition of HR professionals from the private sector to the public sector, covering all major areas of the public sector human resources operation including public sector HR basics, job classification and compensation, recruitment and selection, labor and employee relations, equal employment opportunity and diversity, and organizational development.
Offered in a flexible online format to meet your demanding schedule, Public Sector HR Essentials contains eight modules, which are facilitated by one of our experienced instructors and experts in public sector HR.
Government executives, this is a perfect program to recommend to your frontline and mid-level human resources staff. The expertise, strategies, and expanded professional network they'll gain will benefit your organization for years to come.
Benefits of this course:
- Complete each module at your own pace over a period of 2-4 weeks.
- Online discussions with your instructor and peers from around the country.
- Key principles and concepts are reinforced through online materials and written assignments.
- Instructors are top public sector human resource professionals who understand the unique issues, challenges and opportunities of HR in the government environment.
- Upon completion of the eight modules, participants walk away with a certificate of completion.
- Become IPMA-CP certified with a passing score on the IPMA-CP exam.
Audience: HR professionals new to public sector HR
Your trainer: Richard Heil is the founder of The Curtis Group. Heil served the state of Pennsylvania as the first director of personnel for the Department of Aging, director of employee relations and development, and director of personnel for the Pennsylvania Department of Public Welfare. He has conducted the Developing Competencies for HR Success course on behalf of IPMA-HR for a number of international entities, including the Asian Development Bank and Iraqi Ministries of Interior and Defense, as well as the Peoples’ Republic of China and the government of Thailand. He is also the co-writer and developer of IPMA-HR's Public Sector HR Essentials course.
Cost: $999 for members, $1,299 for nonmembers
Recertification points and CE:
- IPMA-CP: 24 points
- HRCI: 48 Units (HR General)
- SHRM: 24 points