Are you new to public sector HR? Advance your professional development with invaluable expertise and specific strategies for success in the public sector with this foundational course.
Designed to meet the unique needs of the public sector HR professional, this course eases the transition of HR professionals from the private sector to the public sector, covering all major areas of the public sector human resources operation including public sector HR basics, job classification and compensation, recruitment and selection, labor and employee relations, equal employment opportunity and diversity, and organizational development.
Offered in a flexible online format to meet your demanding schedule, Public Sector HR Essentials contains eight modules, which are facilitated by one of our experienced instructors and experts in public sector HR.
Government executives, this is a perfect program to recommend to your frontline and mid-level human resources staff. The expertise, strategies, and expanded professional network they'll gain will benefit your organization for years to come.
Benefits of this course:
- Complete each module at your own pace over a period of 2 weeks.
- Online discussions with your instructor and peers from around the country.
- Key principles and concepts are reinforced through online materials and written assignments.
- Instructors are top public sector human resource professionals who understand the unique issues, challenges and opportunities of HR in the government environment.
- Upon completion of the eight modules, participants walk away with a certificate of completion.
- Become IPMA-CP certified with a passing score on the IPMA-CP exam.
Audience: HR professionals new to public sector HR
Cost: $999 for members, $1,299 for nonmembers
Required Textbook: Human Resource Management, Fifteenth Edition, by Robert L. Mathis and John H. Jackson
Engage with your Classmates:
This course includes four Live Zoom Q&A Sessions (Attendance to two sessions is required). The Q&A schedule will be sent to you separately via e-mail.
Please review IPMA-HR's newly revised cancellation policies below:
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email advising you how to log into the course. The course will open for review one day before the course start date.
Recertification points: IPMA-CP/IPMA-SCP: 24 points