$15 – $22
Virginia Beach Public Library has a wonderful opportunity for those who are looking for part time work as Account Clerk II with the City of Virginia Beach. If you want a great department to start your career with look no further, we at VBPL are proud to be part of the City of Virginia Beach and have you join us!
This position closes 6/19/22.
Account Clerk II:
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Ability to work independently and as an active working member of a team
- Proficient in conveying information to customers courteously, professionally, orally and in writing
- Ordering of supplies and materials for staff.
- Monitor VBPLFinance mailbox for incoming emails and respond accordingly.
- Review incoming service agreements for accuracy and log onto tracking spreadsheet.
- Audit and reconcile customer card payments with Library records for accuracy; verify postings with bank weekly.
- Create and edit Excel spreadsheets, using formulas, to track expenditures and revenues by fiscal year and expenditure/revenue accounts; utilize City Oracle based financial report to reconcile accounts monthly.
- Enter purchase requisitions and purchase orders into City Oracle based financial system.
- Create and edit Excel spreadsheet, using complex formulas, to track grant expenditures daily.
- Create monthly reports on grant expenditures.
- Audit and reconcile procurement card transactions monthly.
- Open and route finance mail daily.
- Back-up Library Administration Reception Desk as needed.
- Electronically file Finance related documents daily.
- Cross-train and back-up Library Finance tasks.
- Research and respond to payment/invoice questions for department as needed.
- Train new Library staff on finance related responsibilities.
- Create and prepare documents and manuals as needed, including annual budget manuals, interview packets, grant review manuals, etc.
- Maintain procedures manual for this position.
- Participate in all Financial Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) documentation and updates.
- Active participation on groups and teams as related to position.
How to Apply
To apply, please go to:
Scroll to the bottom of the page and select the blue tile "Careers."
In the "Department/Division" field, look for "Library-Director's Office."
Click on the Account Clerk II requisition to review.
To apply, select the "Apply Now" button.