$67,206 – $83,389
Are you looking for a career with purpose? A learning environment to enhance your leadership skills? The Office of Human Resources is looking for a forward-thinking leader who will partner effectively with senior stakeholders, manage a benefits team consisting of a health & wellness coordinator, two benefits analysts, and contribute significantly to our benefit services agenda.
The Office of Human Resources is in the second year of their strategic plan, recently reorganized the department by employing a client services model (HR Business Partner Model) and are currently rewriting organization policy and procedures. These projects and processes are having a positive impact on our employees and organization. As a new team member, you will have the opportunity to lead, support, and influence the outcome of these processes and other similar initiatives.
The successful benefits manager will lead the City's benefits division by providing them with guidance and the tools to perform at high level. The Benefit Manager ensures all employee medical insurance and retirement benefits policies, procedures, regulations, programs, systems, operations, goals and objectives are followed and met.
We look forward to having you join our team!
• Plan develops, implements and administers employee benefits such as medical, pharmacy, retirement, life, LTD/STD, vision, and dental.
• Supervises, directs, and evaluates assigned staff, processing employee concerns and problems, directing work, counseling, disciplining, and completing employee performance appraisals.
• Coordinates, assigns and reviews work and establishes work schedules; maintains standards; monitors status of work in progress; inspects completed work assignments; answers questions; gives advice and direction as needed.
• Effectively communicate employee benefit programs to management and employees
• Develops, recommends, and implements approved, new, or modified plans and employee benefits policies.
• Monitors delivery of services for adherence to terms of contracts and to evaluate third Party administrators (TPA's) management of City health benefits.
• Oversees program planning and the development of informational materials.
• Investigates, researches, and responds with accurate materials to inquiries and complaints.
• Represents department and provides technical guidance on issues for which functionally responsible; remains current on changes, and advises department heads and others regarding applicable rules, regulations, ordinances, state and federal laws, and professionally accepted practices and procedures.
• Reviews, researches and recommends innovations for existing or proposed plans, policies and processes; improves program effectiveness and service efficiency, and implements approved changes in conjunction with other human resources divisions.
• Helps coordinate delivery of human resources services to departments; responds to information requests by participating in special studies and preparation of comprehensive analytical reports on complex general human resources management issues and assisting in document dissemination.
• Performs division, general, and fiscal administration; participates in setting performance goals and priorities that contribute to departmental mission; prepares recommendations and justifies division program and capital funding to assist in preparation of department budget and control expenditures.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Public Administration, Business Administration, or Human Resource Management; with four (4) years of experience in professional benefits administration at the management level; or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience. A valid drivers license is desired.
Background investigation, including supervised drug screen, post offer/pre-employment medical screen; and verification of education, certifications, and licenses required prior to employment.
How to Apply
Please apply on the City of Savannah Website