$120,000 – $140,000
The Total Rewards Senior Manager oversees the City of Boulder’s health and welfare, pension and retirement, paid time off, and leave programs, ensuring compliance with all applicable state and federal regulations. The Senior Manager analyzes the City’s Total Rewards programs, assuring benefits and compensation remain market competitive, and that pay decisions are equitable. The Total Rewards Senior Manager leads Boulder’s open enrollment process, the annual performance and merit cycle, and partners with the Budget team to prepare an organizational labor budget. This position utilizes competitive market intelligence to drive insights and form strategic positioning for the City’s Total Rewards programs.
The Total Rewards Senior Manager has a proven ability to make judgment calls and sound, ethical decisions displaying a heightened level of responsibility, confidentiality, integrity, and professionalism. The Senior Manager models behaviors expected throughout the organization by treating employees with dignity and respect and maintaining an open mind to diverse voices, thereby setting the tone for an equitable and inclusive culture built on trust and collaboration.
The Total Rewards Senior Manager will contribute to the Team’s continuous improvement efforts and will actively support the following six multi-year strategies: Transform the HR Department from Transactional to Strategic Partner; Reform the Position Management and Workforce Planning Approach; Create a Total Rewards Philosophy; Reimagine the Employment Brand and Talent Acquisition Experience; Redesign Performance Management and Career Development; and Strengthen and Unify the Organizational Culture Across the City.
Minimum Qualities and Experience
- Seven years of progressively responsible experience in compensation and benefits with at least three years of related management experience.
- A bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or a related field.
- Demonstrated knowledge of compensation principles, analysis, and concepts; economic analysis; job evaluation methodologies; compensation structure, design, and maintenance; market pricing and pay range slotting; and short-term incentive plan design.
- Thorough knowledge of Human Resources practices, procedures, and employment laws and regulations.
Strong financial acumen with expert-level Microsoft Excel skills and the ability to analyze, synthesize, and draw conclusions from data.
Direct experience with HRIS configuration, testing, and system upgrades.
- Experience administering a self-funded medical plan.
- Prior experience with change management and organizational transformation.
- Leverages best practices with an eye towards efficiency.
- Embraces technology and utilizes data and analytics to drive decision
- Preferred Qualities and Experience
- Experience working in government.
- Direct experience with labor relations and negotiations.
- CBP and/or CCP.
- A master’s degree in Human Resources or related field.
- Knowledge of organizational development.
- Experience with Workday.
How to Apply
Compensation and Benefits
The hiring range for the Total Rewards Senior Manager is $120,000 - $140,000 and will depend on the qualifications of the successful candidate. Actual salaries will vary and may be above or below the range based on various factors including, but not limited to, experience, education, training, location, merit system, quantity or quality of production, responsibilities, and regular and/or necessary travel. The City recognizes the importance of providing an encompassing health benefits package to employees, including medical, dental, vision, and wellness. We offer Flex Schedules and Telework. Additional information can be viewed here.
To Be Considered
Respect is one of Boulder’s five City Values, and we are committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. The City celebrates and supports differences across all spectrums, including, but not limited to, ethnicity, gender, age, disability, and sexuality. Through the City’s focus on racial equity, employee benefits, and the many program resources offered to employees, Boulder continually strives to weave respect for one another into the fabric of their organization.
Applications will be accepted electronically by The Novak Consulting Group at https://bit.ly/3oZtvkZ. Applicants complete a brief online form and are prompted to provide a cover letter and resume. Please apply no later than March 7, 2021.