$85,050 – $140,332
Why Work at Gila County?
• Gila County offers an extensive benefits program including Health Insurance coverage available for
employee and family, Dental Insurance, Retirement/Pension plan, Employee Assistance Plan, Long
Term Disability Insurance and Deferred Income Plans. In addition, Director level employees receive 10
paid holidays annually, 21 vacation days and 12 sick days.
• Gila County is located in the heart of Arizona, welcoming the adventurous soul to answer the call of
the wild and explore our 17 communities and is your gateway to national forest trails and campsites,
scenic hikes and fishing spots; museums that focus on historic western frontier lore -- and modern day
21st century cowboys are still out riding the range and working cattle, Apache Nations, miners,
ranchers and nature. It is centrally located to a number of large cities.
• Gila County employs more than 600 full-time and part-time employees.
The Ideal Candidate
The successful candidate will report to the County Manager and is a key member of the County’s
administrative team. A Bachelor’s or higher degree from an accredited college or university with a major
in public or business administration, personnel, human resources management or a related area, and
ten years of professional experience in personnel or human resources management, business or public
administration, or other relevant experience.
Other desired qualifications include:
· Five or more years of HR Administrative level experience in public sector
· Prior experience conducting fiscal analysis, preparing cost projections and preparing and presenting
reports and presentations to executive-level management
· SPHR Certification by HRCI and/or SHRM-SCP Certification by SHRM is preferred
How to Apply