$110,000 – $117,000
Director of Administration, City of Franklin, Wisconsin (pop. 36,295). Growing, full-service city of vibrant neighborhoods and top-performing schools, the City of Franklin is located 10 miles south of downtown Milwaukee. Franklin consistently ranks among the fastest growing communities in Wisconsin. All of this makes Franklin a highly desirable community. The City seeks a high-energy individual for its next Director of Administration.
The Director of Administration coordinates the day-to-day administrative activities of the City, leading, planning, organizing, and directing the City’s central administration toward the fulfillment of goals and policies as determined by the Mayor and Common Council. The Director prepares and manages an overall budget of approximately $28 million and is the city’s chief personnel officer. The Director of Administration is a key member of the Mayor’s cabinet; the position oversees Finance, Human Resources, Assessor, Animal Control, Recreation, Municipal Buildings, Information Services, and Inspection Services offices and staff and is a key advisor to the Mayor.
The City has a workforce of more than 245 full-time employees, plus part-time and seasonal employees. Franklin is a full-service city including police, fire, public works, health, sanitary sewer, water, parks, recreation and forestry, library, planning and economic development, and administrative services.
Ideal candidates will possess:
- A Bachelor’s degree in public administration, political science, business administration, human resources or related field; a Master’s degree in public administration or closely related field is preferred;
- At least five years of increasingly responsible local government management experience;
- Proven leadership, managerial, and interpersonal skills;
- A team-oriented, strategic-thinking approach toward staff leadership; human resources skills and supervisory experience are essential;
- Strong communication skills; and
- Financial, analytical and budget management skills to lead a financially fit organization.
How to Apply
The Director of Administration is appointed by the Mayor with approval of the six-member Common Council. The starting salary range is $110,000 – $117,000 /- DOQ, plus an excellent benefit package. Candidates should apply by February 28, 2020 (open until filled) with resume, cover letter and contact information for five work-related references to www.GovHRjobs.com to the attention of Lee Szymborski, Senior Vice President, GovHR USA, 630 Dundee Road, #130, Northbrook, IL 60062. Tel: 847-380-3240. The City is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Click Here to Apply