$132,200 – $155,000
YOUR GOLDEN OPPORTUNITY!
The City of Golden is currently seeking a Director of Human Resources who will bring an extensive human resources background and knowledge to a high-functioning HR team. This person is responsible for oversight and leadership of all human resource functions including recruitment and selection, total compensation and benefits, wellness, employee relations, training and development, workers compensation, regulatory issues, risk management and safety. Responsible for building and driving an HR strategy that offers a balance between Human Resources, the City Manager’s Office, and organizational needs. Provides leadership, innovation, strategic direction, support and oversight to the Human Resources Department. The current Director is retiring after 25 years.
TRAITS OF AN IDEAL CANDIDATE:
- Professionally knowledgeable with an expert understanding and background in all aspects of Human Resources; preferably human resources in local government
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Customer service focused
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities and look to the future
- Understands the value of job satisfaction and respects work/life balance as it relates to the team
- Is willing to step in and assist the team in completing work objectives; has their backs through difficult situations
- Has a high level of integrity and ethics
- Supports diversity within the organization
- Has a sense of humor; doesn't take things personally
- Committed to continuous improvement
THE CITY OF GOLDEN
Nestled in the foothills just west of the metro Denver area, Golden is a beautiful place to live, work and play. Golden is a destination visited by tourists and recreational enthusiasts from all over the world each year. We are home to Coors, the Colorado School of Mines, the Colorado Mountaineering Museum and more. With 19,000 residents within nine square miles, Golden boasts a small town atmosphere with educated, involved, and concerned citizens who want to maintain an excellent quality of life. The City of Golden is a home rule municipality and serves as the county seat of Jefferson County. Golden is a “full service” City that provides all municipal services to its citizens.
SALARY RANGE: $132,200 - $198,400
HIRING RANGE: $132,200 - $155,000
CLOSING DATE: April 11, 2021 at 5 p.m.
How to Apply
For full details and to apply, please visit: www.governmentjobs.com/careers/goldenco