$107,813 – $150,952
Under general direction from the CEO’s Office, HR division and the Ventura County Fire Protection District, the Fire Human Resources Director is responsible for recruitment and selection services for Fire Agency classifications, classification and compensation, labor relations, workers' compensation, health and safety programs, payroll, leave of absence and benefits management, and strategic initiatives related to staff development and organizational structure. The Fire Human Resources Director performs investigations relating to discrimination complaints and prepares responses as appropriate and manages various levels of staff.
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND EXPERIENCE
Extensive administrative support, supervision or management, and specific operations or technical experience which has led to the acquisition of the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
The required knowledge, skills, and abilities also can be obtained by a Bachelor's degree in business, human resources, public administration, organizational behavior, or a closely related field and five (5) or more years of progressively responsible experience in Human Resources coupled with at least two (2) years supervising professional level staff.
Additional related experience may substitute for education on a year-by-year basis.
For this recruitment the following experience is required:
- Experience in a public sector or unionized environment.
- Personnel administration which includes recruitment and selection activities as well as using office automation and online systems.
- Supervising direct subordinates.
- Collaborating with multiple levels of an organization and various departments/agencies to achieve objectives.
- Preparing and administering oral, written, and performance examinations.
- Experience conducting workplace investigations, acting in an advisory capacity for labor relations issues such as disciplinary actions, compliance with federal and state employment laws and collective bargaining agreements, grievance administration, etc.
How to Apply
For further information about this recruitment and to apply online, visit our website at http://www.ventura.org/jobs. For additional inquiries, contact Jessica Ruiz by e-mail at Jessica.firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone at (805) 654-2419.