$62,207 – $108,863
Are you a seasoned Human Resources professional with a strong background in employee relations? Do you have a passion for public service? If you can check these boxes, then consider Loudoun County Government's Employee Relations Analyst position as the next step in your career.
The Employee Relations Analyst is a strategic partner who works with County Human Resources Leadership and assigned County departments to identify solutions and recommends practical courses of action in addressing employee relations issues. The Employee Relations Analyst provides expert-level consultative services to management and employees on County Human Resources policies and procedures, conducts workplace investigations and manages the ADA process and other employee relations processes in accordance with County policies, State and Federal regulations. The selected candidate will be a part of a collaborative team of Employee Relations professionals providing support to 30 County departments with approximately 4000 full-time and part-time employees. This position will report to the Employee Relations Supervisor. Job duties / Responsibilities:
- Conduct inquires and investigations into allegations of employee misconduct to include allegations of County policies and Title VII violations. Document and analyze the facts, apply relevant County and departmental policies and applicable laws and prepare reports with clear and concise findings and recommendations.
- Manage the Fitness for Duty and ADA Reasonable accommodation processes for assigned departments. Ensure cases are assessed and managed in accordance with the EEOC guidelines.
- Provide guidance to managers and employees on addressing performance management concerns. Identify tools and/or resources to assist employees in meeting performance expectations.
- Consult with Departments on all levels of disciplinary actions and review all formal disciplinary actions.
- Manage the grievance process for assigned departments in accordance with County policy and procedures.
- Recommend and draft employee relations administrative policies and procedures.
- Assist in the development of policies and procedures and ensures the County's EEO policies related to employee relations are properly administered.
- Collaborate with Training and Organizational Development Team in developing training programs and objectives to meet the employee relations needs of the County and/or specific departments.
- Serve as a facilitator or mediator to resolve workplace conflicts.
Loudoun County offers a competitive salary and benefits package to include health, dental, VRS (retirement), annual, personal, and sick leave.
Any combination of education and experience equivalent to a bachelor's degree and three (3) years of directly related employee relations experience required. Master's degree and local government experience preferred. PHR, SPHR, SHRM-CP, or SHRM-SCP preferred. Successful candidate will be required to be a Certified Mediator through the Judicial Council of Virginia within 2 years of employment.
Thorough knowledge of the theories, principles and practices of employee relations and performance management. Strong oral and written communication, policy development, problem solving, and decision-making skills. Strong knowledge of Human Resources policies and procedures, interpretation, and employment law such as ADA, FMLA, and EEO compliance.
This position is an FLSA Exempt position and may be required to work beyond the normal workweek. Some travel may be required.
How to Apply
Visit our on-line employment center at https://www.loudoun.gov for more information and to apply. Recruitment #21-126-2305. EOE