$60,000 – $65,000
The Human Resources Technical Manager supports the mission and goals of the Human Resources Department. Under general supervision and direction of the Executive Director of Human Resources, this position supervises technical staff in the daily operations of employment data processing. Such functions include the use of systems for new employee onboarding processes, status updates, and compensation, benefit, and leave data processes. Current systems include SilkRoad Applicant Tracking System and Onboarding, e-Verify, Banner, Faculty Load and Compensation (FLAC), Banner Document Management System (BDMS), insurance carrier systems, and other various state computer systems. This position is responsible for data integrity, database troubleshooting for all employment information entered into various systems, and HR reporting and analytic processes, to include state and federal compliance reports.
The successful candidate is highly proficient in Microsoft Office (expert at Excel), HRIS, and other systems commonly used in an HR Department, and possesses knowledge of benefit, compensation, payroll, and employment law to include ACA, COBRA, HIPPA, FMLA, ADA, unemployment, and workers compensation. The successful candidate also possesses effective written and oral communication skills, interpersonal skills, conflict resolution skills, organizational skills, and leadership skills.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
- HR Certification such as PHR, SPHR, IPMA-CP or IPMA-SCP OR the ability to obtain an HR Certification within twelve (12) months of hire.
- Three (3) years of experience in Human Resources in a professional level position with an emphasis in HR data management, HRIS, analytics, compensation and benefit administration, OR related experience in another profession with comparable knowledge, skills, and abilities with demonstrated transferable competencies, such as experience with analytics, metrics, data extraction and data analysis.
- Expert understanding of Microsoft Office Suite, including inputting and extracting data and preparing reports using a variety of computer systems.
- Strong attention to detail including adherence to multiple deadlines and balancing competing priorities, and extreme accuracy is key.
- Excellent problem solving skills and analysis, independent judgement, decision making, organizational and time management ability.
- Bachelor’s degree, or higher, from an accredited institution in Human Resource Management, Business Administration, Public Administration, Organizational Leadership, or related field.
- One year of supervisory experience over full-time staff or two years of supervisory experience over part-time staff.
- Experience in a higher education setting.
- Community college experience.
- Knowledge of and/or experience with Banner.
- Knowledge of and/or experience with processing state and federal compliance reporting such as IPEDS.
How to Apply
To submit your application and view the full posting visit our Careers website.