$80,288 – $90,365
The City of Bloomington is now accepting applications for a full-time Human Resources Representative to provide Human Resources Generalist services in the areas of classification, compensation, employee benefits, recruitment, employee development, and employee relations. Work is performed independently under the general supervision of the Human Resources Manager.
- Provides full scope of human resource services to designated City departments and employees, e.g., interpretation of city programs, policies, procedures and labor contract provisions
- Manages recruitment activities
- Reviews contemplated starting salaries for conformance with administrative policy and makes recommendations; may confer with supervisory personnel to develop understanding and apply a consistent approach to salary administration
- Assists departments in making organizational changes
- Provides Wage and Benefits notices to employees as required
- Represents the Human Resources Department on the Employees’ Advisory Committee (attends monthly meetings and assists with planning and organizing EAC events)
- Participates with the Human Resources Manager in evaluating the overall personnel program to identify areas where improvements can be made, and recommends policy and procedure changes
- Works with departments on issues regarding employee relations issues, recommending appropriate actions involving employee performance, behavior, productivity, etc.
- Responds to unemployment claims and represents the City throughout the process, including participation in unemployment hearings
- Bachelor’s Degree in business administration, industrial relations, or related field, and four (4) years of Human Resources experience or SHRM Certification and five (5) years Human Resources experience
- Must have good presentation skills
- Two years responsible experience in recruitment including examinations, interviewing, placement techniques, etc.
- Advanced college degree in business administration, industrial relations, or related field
- SHRM Certification
- One (1) year of experience working in a Public Sector Human Resources department
- Working knowledge of public sector employment laws
- Experience with an HRIS System
- Experience representing employer in labor relations
- Experience with job evaluation and compensation program
- Experience with NEOGOV or similar applicant tracking system
How to Apply
Apply online at www.BloomingtonMN.gov/hr