$59,046 – $91,533
Work, Serve, Thrive. With the City of Durham
Advance in your career while making a real difference in the community you serve.
Hiring Salary Range: $59,046 - $91,533
Work Days/Hours: Monday - Friday 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
The City of Durham's Human Resources Department is an accomplished, diverse, energetic team embracing and inspiring the joy of public service. We aggressively challenge assumptions of what is possible, moving towards a future that is more just, productive and rewarding for all employees. Join us if you're ready to share your talents, learn new skills and build relationships in service to the City of Durham!
This unique opportunity will give the incumbent the exclusive ability to serve our internationally accredited Durham Police Department by managing its employee services division. This is accomplished by coordinating efforts to accomplish departmental and City goals, planning and organizing the employee services division activities, generating and revising personnel-related procedures, and overseeing accrued FLSA and city compensatory time. The incumbent manages the day-to-day operations of the Employee Service Center for the Durham Police Department. Other duties include completing special projects, planning and implementing succession plan strategies, and tracking police recruit diversity.
The City of Durham's Police Department is dedicated to hiring and training officers and staff who represent the best the law enforcement profession has to offer. They are a progressive agency committed to reducing crime by providing the best quality service. Our Police Department works to foster public confidence and maintain the highest standards of excellence as a community partner for positive change.
- Manages the employee services division by overseeing employee activities; ensuring division activities and personnel related functions meet accreditation standards and comply with city policy; evaluating division activities; writing and approving standard operating procedures; and completing special projects.
- Oversees recruitment and retention by developing recruiting plans; tracking departmental diversity; and designing and implementing advertising strategies.
- Provides customer service by providing personnel-related support; serving as a liaison for the City's Human Resources Department; providing administrative services; and ensuring city policies, procedures, and general orders are communicated to employees.
- Provides supervision by monitoring staff performance and development; providing mentoring; and evaluating performance.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor's degree in business, human resources or public administration or related field
- Five years of professional experience that includes subject matter expertise and knowledge in area related to assignment, and
- Two years of supervisory experience
- A valid North Carolina Class C Driver's License with a satisfactory driving record acquired within a time frame established by the City
Additional Preferred Skills
- Human Resources Generalist experience.
How to Apply
Apply online at: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/durhamnc/jobs/2698484/human-resources-administrator