$4,912 – $6,175
The City of Visalia’s Human Resources and Risk Management division is centralized and falls under the Administration Department. Human Resources is responsible for all aspects relating to the efficient operation of the City's personnel system including recruitment and selection, employee and employer relations, classification and compensation, training and development, and labor relations. Risk Management is responsible for the administration of risk, insurance, liability, worker's compensation, and management of benefit programs.
Visalia employs approximately 600 full-time and 200 hourly employees at sites located throughout the City. Our employees are our most important and valuable assets. The dedicated staff within the Human Resources and Risk Management division recognize this and work collaboratively in the performance of their responsibilities, continually striving to provide the best service to City staff and the public.
THE POSITION: The Human Resources Analyst will perform a variety of administrative, technical, and analytical duties in support of the City’s Human Resources and Risk Management functions. Some key responsibilities include:
- Coordinate, oversee and implement recruitment and selection activities including needs assessment, announcement development, marketing and outreach, application screening and evaluation, and examination processes.
- Develop creative strategies to attract qualified and diverse candidates and retain current employees.
- Assist in the administration of risk management functions which may include employee benefits, workers compensation, claims, liability, and industrial safety.
- Plan, research, coordinate, and oversee various human resources and risk management projects and programs.
- Provide information and assistance to City employees and the public regarding human resources and risk management activities, policies, and procedures.
- Gather and compile information; evaluate effectiveness of programs and practices and recommend and implement changes.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION: Any combination of equivalent experience and education that could likely provide the required knowledge, skill and ability is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the knowledge, skill and ability would be:
- Two (2) years of administrative and analytical experience in the field of human resources or risk management.
- Equivalent to a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major work in public or business administration, human resources, finance, or a closely related field.
- Possession of a valid California Driver's License by time of appointment.
How to Apply
For more information and application materials visit our website at www.visalia.city under Human Resources, Job Opportunities. The application filing deadline is Monday, May 3, 2021 at 5pm.