$48,443 – $81,078
The City of Virginia Beach seeks a business minded HR professional to add to our growing Employee Relations team. The Human Resources Analyst role is responsible for supporting assigned departments with their employee relations needs, providing technical expertise and exceptional customer service. This position involves all things policy, compliance, case work, and coaching. If you enjoy self directed work, and have a passion for problem solving, this is the position for you.
Key duties of this position include but are not limited to:
Conduct workplace investigations and provide a variety of support and counsel to managers and supervisors on disciplinary matters.
- Consult with supervisors and employees and formulate recommendations regarding appropriate courses of action for a variety of employee relations issues (e.g. absence management, grievance, performance management).
- Meet with stakeholders to gather information and make recommendations intended to resolve a wide variety of personnel concerns.
- Establish and maintain collaborative working relationships throughout the organization.
- Draft investigative reports, grievability determinations and other professional documents in compliance with City policy and applicable laws or regulations.
- Interpret policies, procedures, administrative directives, and administrative instructions for supervisors and employees.
- Collaborate with City employees, and supervisors regarding requests for accommodations pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act.
- Research, analyze and formulate statistical and narrative reports regarding HR-related issues / programs to provide a basis for decision making and accountability; will formulate final recommendations on a course of action.
OPEN UNTIL FILLED: This position will be reviewed on an ongoing basis. Once the appropriate applicant pool has been established, it will be closed.
Human Resources Analyst I requires any combination of education (above the high school level) and/or experience equivalent to six (6) years in fields utilizing the required knowledge, skills and abilities and associated with such positions as human resources analyst or specialist or generalist. Some positions may require employee to have, or obtain, a current and valid Virginia or North Carolina driver’s license in accordance with Virginia or North Carolina DMV driver’s license eligibility requirements.
Human Resources Analyst II requires any combination of education (above the high school level) and/or experience equivalent to eight (8) years in fields utilizing the required knowledge, skills and abilities and associated with such positions as Human Resources Specialist or Analyst. Some positions may require employee to have, or obtain, a current and valid Virginia or North Carolina driver’s license in accordance with Virginia or North Carolina DMV driver’s license eligibility requirements.
- Preferred qualifications include a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Human Resources, Public Administration, Business Administration or similar field
Expertise in all aspects of public sector employee relations as outlined in the description of typical responsibilities and the ability to exercise good judgment.
- Experience applying state and federal laws related to labor relations including EEO, FLSA, FMLA, ADA.
- Ability to develop good working relationships with a variety of stakeholders and to maintain a professional and cordial demeanor at all times.
- Skill in communicating and interacting with others on complex matters with concision, both orally and in writing.
- Experience developing and presenting training and other presentations.
- Familiarity with other public sector human resources activities.
- SHRM or HRCI certifications are preferred but not required.
- Public sector experience is preferred but not required.
Salary Range: Human Resource Analyst I - A.8 (48443 - 73465)
Human Resource Analyst II - A.10 (53476 - 81078)
How to Apply
For more information and to apply on-line go to www.vbgovcareers.com EOE