$48,443 – $53,476
The City of Virginia Beach is seeking a Human Resources Analyst I or II, depending on qualifications, that will:
- Research and respond to inquiries regarding policies and procedures and/or human resource policies/actions;
- Conduct interviews and coaching/counseling with supervisors and employees regarding staffing and comp policies/practices;
- Research relative market data to make recommendations in constructing applicable policies/practices;
- Review transactions and processes to ensure compliance with applicable policy and federal regulations;
- Coordinate recruitment and selection process for assigned departments;
- Assist in the research and preparation of compensation studies, presentations, and recommendations (for leadership decision making purposes);
- Review and recommend appropriate classifications and reporting structures to assist departments in aligning their people resources with customer needs/create efficiencies;
- Review and recommend revisions to promotional policy/processes and facilitate the process implementation;
- Consult with City Attorney as applicable.
Preferred qualifications include a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Human Resources, Public Administration, Business Administration or similar field
• Professional designation as a SHRM-CP, SHRM-SCP, IPMA-HR, CCP, etc. • Centralized Human Resource experience
• Experience formulating and implementing a recruitment strategy and plan for hard to fill positions
• Experience assisting managers and leadership navigate a defensible hiring process resulting in "good hires"
• Experience interpreting and writing policy related to human resource functions
• Experience reviewing market data to make recommendations in pay rates and compensation strategy
• Highly qualified candidates will also be able to facilitate good working relationships with customers
• Demonstrate the ability to collaborate with peers and customers to produce positive outcomes
• Think strategically in terms of anticipating customer needs and planning for future processes
• Have a solid knowledge of employment law (FLSA, ADA, EEO, etc) as it relates to hiring and compensation.
For more information and to apply on-line go to www.vbgovcareers.com EOE
Human Resources Analyst I: Salary Range: $48,443.20 - $73,465.60 Requires any combination of education (above the high school level) and/or experience equivalent to six (6) years in fields utilizing the required knowledge, skills and abilities and associated with such positions as human resources analyst or specialist or generalist. Some positions may require employee to have, or obtain, a current and valid Virginia or North Carolina driver’s license in accordance with Virginia or North Carolina DMV driver’s license eligibility requirements.
Human Resources Analyst II: Salary Range: $53,476.80 - $81,078.40 Requires any combination of education (above the high school level) and/or experience equivalent to eight (8) years in fields utilizing the required knowledge, skills and abilities and associated with such positions as Human Resources Specialist or Analyst. Some positions may require employee to have, or obtain, a current and valid Virginia or North Carolina driver’s license in accordance with Virginia or North Carolina DMV driver’s license eligibility requirements.
How to Apply