$5,472 – $6,985
Salaries are on a six-step salary range schedule with 5% increases yearly.
This is a great time to join our Santa Cruz METRO team! We are seeking an experienced and highly motivated HR Professional to work in a Generalist capacity and support all areas of HR. Experience in each area such as HRIS, Compensation, Budgeting, Benefits, Public Sector Recruitment, Workers Compensation and various Protected Leaves is extremely desired.
Under general direction, an HR Analyst II performs analytical duties related to Human Resources (HR) Department functions and processes, including recruitment, selection, classification, compensation, employee development, employee relations, regulatory compliance and Human Resource Information System (HRIS) development/administration; assists HR management in planning, organizing and achieving departmental objectives; provides professional advice and assistance to Santa Cruz METRO management on personnel-related issues; performs related work as required.
Characteristics and Example of Duties
The duties listed below represent the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them if the work is related or a logical assignment to this class.
- Performs analytical duties to support HR functions, processes, and Human Resource Information System (HRIS) development and administration.
- Assists Human Resources Management in planning, organizing, and achieving departmental objectives.
- Assist Santa Cruz METRO management on personnel-related issues.
- Coordinates with Information Technology (IT), Finance and Payroll to ensure that HRIS data is appropriately reportedmaintained and updated and integrating properly with other systems.
- Performs HRIS audits to identify and resolve deficiencies.
- Communicates end user requirements to the HRIS vendor as well as IT staff; trains HR staff and HRIS end users.
- Prepares and administers the HR budget and process expenditures.
- Assists in planning, administering, and implementing Santa Cruz METRO’s Equal Employment Opportunity Plan.
- Evaluates operational effectiveness and efficiency; recommend changes as needed
- Ensure compliance with industry standards and legal requirements.
- May assist in developing HR policies and procedures.
- Process step increase and longevity pay; ensure compliance of pay table with collective bargaining agreements.
- Process compensation changes, personnel action documents and route for approval into HRIS.
- Will develop and conduct recruitment and related outreach activities and will serve as back up to the Human Resources Technician.
- May assists with conducting job analyses, evaluations and classification studies.
- May write classification specifications and conducts salary surveys.
- May assist in performing labor relations activities such as investigating employee grievances, discrimination complaints, and possible policy violations.
- Will assist with benefits related administrative and analytical activities and will serve as a back up to the Benefits Technician position.
- Will assist with processing, monitoring and maintaining record of employee leave of absences and serve as back up to all functions performed by the Paralegal in Human Resources.
- Operates standard office equipment; utilizes standard business computer software in performing job tasks.
- May utilize specialized Santa Cruz METRO software.
- Drive a Santa Cruz METRO vehicle to perform assignments.
- Performs related work as required.
- Provide staff training as needed.
Minimum Qualifications and Other Conditions of Employment
Any combination of experience and education that would likely provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the knowledge and abilities would be:
Education, Training, and Experience:
Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in occupational development business, public administration, or a related field.
Two (2) years of professional human resources analytical experience, preferably in a public agency.
Familiarity with transit agency or transportation system activities and functions is desirable.
Experience administering a Human Resources Information System is desirable.
Master's degree is desirable.
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATES:
A valid California Driver's License will be required at the time of appointment and throughout employment.
Must be able to obtain and maintain a current, valid California Class "C" Driver's License.
Certified Professional (CP) or Senior Certified Professional (SCP) from a recognized Human Resource Certification organization preferred.
How to Apply
Please go to our website: