$119,277 – $159,843
This position is open until filled with a first review on Wednesday, 6/5/2019 at 4:30 pm. The position may be closed at any time following the first review.
Are you interested in having a workday that is never routine? A place to use all of your strong HR generalist, management, leadership, supervisory and budgeting experience. At the City of Edmonds you will be working with solid HR staff, good employees in a community work environment. In this position, the HR Analyst and part-time HR Assistant and the Safety and Disaster Coordinator will work closely with and report to HR Director, who will oversee the HR programs for the City.
About the Position
Under administrative direction, plans, organizes, control and directs the Human Resources functions and programs of the City; provide internal consulting assistance to the City's management and supervisory staff in a variety of Human Resources areas; supervise and evaluate the performance of assigned personnel. Directors are responsible for the operations of the departments and may delegate signing authority except as limited by the provisions of Edmonds City Code or state or federal law.
About the Department
The HR department is a small group of 4 staff members that include the HR Director, the HR Analyst and the Part Time HR Assistant. The Safety and Disaster coordinator also reports to HR. HR works on many issues and projects including but not limited to: reducing risk with certain employment issues, managing workers compensation claims, employee leave administration, recruitment, labor relations and compliance. Because the department is small, we work very closely together and manage multiple priorities throughout the work-day.
About the City
The City of Edmonds is a beautiful community on the Puget Sound waterfront with a population of 41,960 and is the gateway to the Olympic peninsula via the state ferry system. Edmonds provides a full range of services, including contracted fire services, police services a municipal court, a community pool, a regional performing arts facility, public works and utilities, a regional wastewater treatment facility, along with parks and recreation community events and services. Six department directors report directly to the Mayor and oversee approximately 220 full–time-equivalent employees.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources, Public Administration, Employment Law, Business Administration or related field and
- Seven years of increasingly responsible human resource experience that includes direct responsibility for managing or supervising operations, programs and/or services in one or more human resource functional areas. Four years of staff supervisory, management and budgetary responsibility for a department or major division/functional area within a department; preferably in a public sector environment; OR
- An equivalent combination of education, training and experience to demonstrate the ability to perform the duties of the position.
Required Licenses or Certifications:
- Valid Driver's License required at time of hire. WA State Driver's License required within 30 days of hire-date.
- Must be able to provide a driver's abstract for all states a license was held in the preceding 5 years.
- Must be able to successfully complete and pass a background check, education verification and a credit check.
- Master's Degree in Human Resources, Public Administration, Employment Law, Business Administration or related field.
- Any of the following certifications:
- SHRM-Senior Certified Professional
- IPMA-HR Senior Certified Professional
- Senior Professional in Human Resources [SPHR}
- Certified Employee Benefits Specialist [CEBS]
- Certified Compensation Professional [CCP]
- Compensation Management Specialist [CMS]
- Certified Labor Relations Professional [CLRP]
How to Apply
All applications must be submitted online at https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/edmondswa to be considered.