$72,114 – $108,160
Responsible for the overall administration, coordination, and evaluation of all Human Resources functions and Human Resource Department activities.
- Plans, develops, directs, reviews and evaluates Human Resources programs and functions, including recruiting, staffing, performance management, compensation, classification, organizational development, disciplinary procedures, employee orientation, drug testing, safety, EEO, FMLA, ADA, workers’ compensation and training.
- Develops, proposes, interprets and explains Personnel Rules to Department Directors, Managers, Supervisors, and other employees.
- Works with employees on employee relations, including employee rights under grievance and appeal procedures. Consults with City Manager, Assistant City Manager, and/or Department Directors on a variety of issues, and assists in their resolutions.
- Provides advice and consultation to City staff on dispute resolution and performance issues. Ensures the consistent interpretation, application and compliance of Federal, State and City rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Develops plans, and programs to improve operational effectiveness, and reduces turnover.
- Monitors unemployment claims and coordinates and participates in the appeals process and hearings.
- Manages and provides leadership and guidance to staff through proper delegation and work supervision. Monitors work, evaluates performance, trains, counsels, coaches, and instructs employees in order to meet established goals and objectives. Recommends and implements corrective actions when necessary. Conducts performance evaluations.
- Collects and analyzes data to prepare and present various special and recurring reports. Provides accurate and timely information related to assigned functions and duties. Reviews and approves reports, and prepares and maintains required departmental records and reports.
- Represents the Department in commission meetings, civic and professional events and conferences.
- Responds to and resolves various complaints, issues, inquiries, and problems as authorized, and in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Manages and monitors department administrative activities, budget development, special funding and strategic planning.
- Participates in procurement activities for supplies, services, equipment, and other items.
- Coordinates and manages various special and recurring projects.
Graduation from a college or university with a bachelor’s degree in public administration, human resources administration, business administration, or related field, and five (5) years of related experience in public or private human resources management, or an equivalent combination of education and experience that would likely produce the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.Licenses and Certificates:Valid driver License equivalent to a New Mexico Class D.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- Municipal organizations, operations, policies and procedures
- State and Federal laws, and City policies governing HR functions
- Principles and practices of effective employee recruitment, and HR process management
- Techniques and practices for efficient and cost-effective management of resources
- Principles and practices of negotiations and labor relations
- Principles and practices of public sector personnel administration, investigations, confidential records management, and effective customer service practices
- Legal and ethical, and professional rules of conduct for public sector employees
- Design and management principles for classification and compensation programs
- Principles and practices for managing employee relations
- Effective methods of recruiting, training, and organizational development
- Managing and leading a City department
- Managing, directing and evaluating the work of employees
- Directing and coordinating Municipal human resources operations
- Interpreting and explaining employment standards and procedures, applicable Federal and state rules and regulations, and City policies and procedures
- Developing and administering human resources plans, policies, and procedures.
- Assuring compliance with all laws, regulations, and rules
- Managing staff, delegating tasks and authority, and coaching to improve staff performance
- Assessing and prioritizing multiple tasks, projects and demands
- Identifying, assessing and analyzing HR problems, and recommending effective solutions
- Preparing, maintaining, and reviewing human resource records, reports, and documentation
- Using initiative and independent judgment within established procedural guidelines
- Communicating effectively verbally and in writing
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers and the public
- Operate a personal computer utilizing standard and specialized software
- Effectively deal with conflict and demanding situations
How to Apply
To see a full job description and apply please visit https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/clovisnm