$99,500 – $120,000
The City of Gainesville is seeking a dynamic and experienced Human Resource Director to recommend and implement innovative systems and process changes to improve organizational efficiency and responsiveness.
Essential Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Develops HR policies, and oversees the development of processes and procedures to implement, monitor and enforce them.
- Resolves disputes concerning application or interpretation of policies and procedures.
- Develops and distributes appropriate management reports and metrics relative to employees and employ
- Provides a leadership role for the City with respect to all matters concerning Human Resources and Organizational Development.
- Develops, implements and monitors long- and short-range HR/OD strategies for the City that are aligned with and support organizational values, goals and objectives.
- Serves as a consultant to management in all areas of human resources. Works closely with department and division heads to determine HR/OD need.
- Researches and recommends innovative and strategic system and process changes to improve efficiency and responsiveness to HR/OD processes, practices and services.
Visit our website to apply
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in Human Resources, Organization Development, Business Administration, Industrial Management, Public Administration, Industrial-Organizational Psychology, or related field, and at least five (5) years of progressively responsible management or supervisory experience in the human resource field.
or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience which provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
A Master's degree in Human Resources is preferred.
Public sector management experience in local government and/or municipal utilities is desirable.
Municipal experience with labor unions is preferred.
How to Apply