- Federal and state employment statutes, regulations, and guidelines, including Wage and Hour, Fair Labor Standards Act, Family Medical Leave Act, and other government regulations related to human resource management compliance.
- Public administration, professional associations, and Mohave County Codes of Ethics.
- Human resource management administration.
- Mohave County classification and compensation systems, principles, methodology and practices.
- Recruitment, selection and placement principles and practices including test development and analysis and effective interviewing techniques.
- Statistical analysis as applied to job classifications evaluation, survey data analysis and test item analysis.
- Public employer discipline administration, just cause, and due process requirements and guidelines.
- Equal employment and affirmative action statutes, regulations, principles, and practices.
- Human behavior, attitudes, and motivation.
- Effective written and oral communication principles and techniques.
- Principles and practices of employee supervision, development and training programs and methodology.
- Computing literacy to include use of electronic spreadsheet and word processing applications.
- Applying above stated required knowledge in the performance of job functions, responsibilities, duties, and assignments.
- Interpreting employment statutes, Personnel Policies and Procedures and advising and influencing managers and supervisors in the application to a personnel issue or problem.
- Preparing reports effectively utilizing computer systems and applications, mainframe, and microcomputers, in the performance of work assignments, such as electronic spreadsheets, word processing and graphics.
- Effectively communicating in writing and verbally with a diverse workforce.
- Operating office equipment efficiently and effectively to include computers, calculators, and other office equipment relative to area of assignment.
- Make independent decisions in accordance with established policies and regulations.
- Understand, apply, and comply with federal and state statutes, regulations, Personnel Policies and Procedures, department regulations and professional Codes of Ethics in the performance of responsibilities and assignment.
- Develop and maintain cooperative and harmonious working relationships with colleagues and a diverse workforce.
- Effectively interview, question, and extract required and valid information for purposes of performing research and analysis to formulate and prepare recommendations.
- Exercise initiative, sound judgment, and work independently or with a team to complete work assignments by established deadlines.
- Functionally supervise, train, and evaluate the work of paraprofessional, technical or office support staff.
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing, with persons of diverse ethnic, educational, and economic backgrounds, employees, and at all levels of management.
- Maintain Mohave County’s and employees’ confidential and private information.
- Maintain objectivity and freedom from bias and to exercise judgment and understanding in all human resource management situations and maintain confidentiality.
- Address and resolve problems which may be confidential, controversial, or sensitive in nature.
- Constantly learn and apply new techniques and to devise new methods and procedures.
- Prepare clear, concise reports and to make oral presentations.
- Manage and perform multiple high priorities under stressful and frustrating conditions and necessary deadlines.
- Perform the essential functions of the job specifications with or without a reasonable accommodation.