$65,000 – $70,000
The Village of Glenview is seeking a full-time Human Resources Generalist within the Management Services Department. Under the direction of the Human Resources Manager, this position supports the Human Resources Division in the daily administrative functions of the division by analyzing and interpreting complex data to develop recommendations, identifies and recommends areas for improvement, oversees the recruitment process, oversees and manages employee benefits, provides internal customer service, coordinates management of worker’s compensation and general liability claims and supports the Village’s training program. This position has access to confidential and sensitive information.
- Performing research and preparing reports related to human resource programs
- Supporting the human resources division by performing administrative functions, including the Village's training program, survey responses, maintaining the intranet, and special projects as assigned.
- Supports departments with recruiting process, manages applicant tracking and onboarding software and conducts new hire orientation.
- Recommends policies and procedures by conducting detailed research of industry best practices.
- Manages and oversees all aspects of the open enrollment and special enrollment processes.
- Manages day to day benefit related issues and responds to customer requests.
- Oversees and administers FMLA and other leave programs as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned
Qualified candidates should have a bachelor's degree or equivalent, plus at least one year of experience in human resources or a similar field. Equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered. The candidate will have strong knowledge of principles and practices of human resources and applicable state and federal laws. The candidate must be able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing. The candidate must have an advanced knowledge of the use of standard office equipment, computers and relevant software programs, including Microsoft Office Suite. The candidate must be able to create presentations, documents and detailed spreadsheets. This position involves frequent internal and external contacts which requires skill in exercising participative management that support team efforts and quality processes. The work requires a comprehensive, practical knowledge of a technical field with use of analytical judgment and decision-making abilities.
This position is typically required to work during the hours Village Hall is open Monday-Friday, 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m., based on operational needs, for a total of 40 hours per week. This position is exempt under FLSA, eligible for remote work and flexible scheduling.
How to Apply
The starting salary is $65,000 - $70,000 DOQ, with excellent fringe benefit package.
Apply at https://www.glenview.il.us/government/Pages/Employment.aspx. Emailed, mailed, faxed, or hand-delivered applications will be declined. Qualified candidates may be subjected to additional pre-employment skills testing and screening. The selected candidate will be subject to a pre-employment criminal history background investigation. For more information about the Village of Glenview, please visit our website at www.glenview.il.us.
This position closes on May 27, 2022.
Persons requiring reasonable accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act are asked to contact the Human Resources Division at 847-904-4538.
THE VILLAGE OF GLENVIEW IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER