$21 – $37
The Fauquier County Human Resources Department is seeking an HR Generalist for the School Division and County Government. This position will be responsible for recruitment/selection, performance management, benefit administration, employee relations, certification and licensure, staffing, and other Generalist duties.
-Strong Data entry and Excel experience preferred
We offer a Comprehensive Benefits package to include but not limited to:
- Medical, dental, vision, and prescription coverage at very competitive rates
- Up to 14 paid holidays annually, sick leave, annual leave, and personal days
- Virginia Retirement System pension plan & a life insurance policy 2X annual salary
- 457(B) individual retirement plan
- Access our Employee Wellness Center which is free for all permanent employees & dependents
Candidates must complete an online applicaiton by visiting: https://eportal.fauquiercounty.gov/mss/employmentopportunities/
HUMAN RESOURCES GENERALIST I
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
GENERAL DEFINITION OF WORK:
Performs professional duties in proactively enhancing an effective human resources program. Areas of responsibility may include
recruitment/selection, performance management and merit, benefit administration, employee relations, certification and licensure
administration, annual staffing, and other generalist duties as assigned. The Generalist position may be for the School or Local Government
divisions and the below duties may apply to a particular division but it is often common to perform those duties of the other division in the
spirit of teamwork. Does related work as required. Work is performed under regular supervision.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/TYPICAL TASKS:
Assisting with the development, implementation and administration of classification, compensation, training and personnel programs;
assisting with recruitment and selection; preparing and maintaining files and records; preparing reports.
(These are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work performed. The omission of specific duties does not exclude them from
the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.)
- Responsible for aspects of recruiting and new hire processing.
- Responsible for administering aspects of the performance management and merit programs and processes.
- Responsible for event and activity coordination.
- Responsible for the processing of employee status changes in the system.
- Responsible for responding to all inquiries but not limited to: employee relations concerns, FMLA, FLSA, Title VII, ADA, policies,
benefits and workers compensation questions.
- Responsible for monitoring and analyzing and recommending solutions to complex problems.
- Maintains a strong communication program for employees to include field visits, information disbursement and effective presentations.
- Conducts human resource related analyses and research and prepare related reports.
- Provides general assistance to the Director of Human Resources.
- Develops graphic presentations utilizing PowerPoint and other appropriate software technology.
- Performs computer functions on P.C. applications for development of meaningful spreadsheets, data analysis culminating in data driven
- Develops and conducts new hire orientations; prints, sorts and assembles appropriate forms, handbooks, policies, information sheets, and
other documents for insertion into orientation packets; obtains fingerprint records.
- Maintains and updates various personnel files/records; sets up new employee files; maintains manual files of employment applications,
employee records, payroll data, and related documents; prepares updates, adjusts, and maintains supplemental contracts for employees.
- Attends and coordinates job fairs.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Comprehensive knowledge of Human Resources practices and employment laws, procedures, and general computer skills; thorough
knowledge of departmental functions, organization and policies; comprehensive knowledge of business English and spelling; ability to
establish harmonious working relationships with others; ability to work under pressure; ability to organize and perform work independently;
ability to follow instructions both verbally and written; ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with associates and the
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Any combination of education and experience equivalent to graduation from an accredited college or university with major course work in
personnel administration or related field and some human resources experience.
This is sedentary work requiring the exertion of up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to
move objects; work requires reaching, fingering, grasping, and repetitive motions; vocal communication is required for expressing or exchanging
ideas by means of the spoken word; hearing is required to perceive information at normal spoken word levels; visual acuity is required for
preparing and analyzing written or computer data, determining the accuracy and thoroughness of work, and observing general surroundings and
activities; the worker is not subject to adverse environmental conditions.
Possession of an appropriate driver’s license valid in the Commonwealth of Virginia. Required to be a Notary Public. Must pass a criminal
background check and credit history check.
How to Apply