$60,707 – $94,096
The City of Virginia Beach, Human Services Department (HSD) is seeking an experienced HR Manager to provide oversight and management to multiple human resource related support teams to include 3-4 direct reports and approximately 12-15 indirect reports. The Department of Human Services provides Virginia Beach citizens the opportunity to achieve the highest level of self-sufficiency, safety, and quality of life possible, through an array of coordinated services delivered in a climate of dignity, respect and accountability. This position will oversee the recruitment, selection, hiring, and on-boarding of all Human Services personnel as well as ensure the department remains in compliance with state and federal employment regulations. Specifically, this position will:
- Provide recommendations to department leadership for process improvement and will have the opportunity to enhance efficiencies related to hiring, on-boarding, and personnel file management
- Utilize numerous computer programs/applications to collect, analyze, and report on a variety of metrics related to full-time, part-time, and contract vacancies
- Collaborate with other departmental leaders and various City departments on human resource related topics
- Serve as the primary facilitator to manage departmental HR policies and procedure development, revision, and implementation
- Actively participate in developing short- and long-term strategic planning goals for the HSD-HR teams.
The City of Virginia Beach offers a competitive benefits package to include an extensive paid-time off program, participation in the Virginia Retirement System, and comprehensive health related benefits. This position is eligible for a hybrid work environment that would allow for partial teleworking as operational needs allow.
Requires a bachelor’s degree in fields such as Human Resources, Public Administration, or Business Administration, or any combination of education (above the high school level) and experience equivalent to ten (10) years in fields utilizing the required knowledge, skills, and abilities. SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS: All employees may be expected to work hours in excess of their normally scheduled hours in response to short-term department needs and/or Citywide emergencies
How to Apply
For more information and to apply, please visit Position Description (taleo.net) vbcareers.com (HSD HR Manager)