San Jose, CA,
$8,426 – $10,783
Salary $8,425.73 - $10,783.07 Monthly
This position will support both the Wellness function (60%) and the Benefits function (40%). For the Wellness function, responsibilities will include the lead role on the district wide wellness program and liaison with vendors, monitor program participation, ensure performance measures, communication plan and related activities are implemented by the scheduled due dates. Evaluate program's success by reviewing health carrier utilization data, participant satisfaction and employee health indicators. Respond and assist employees with questions/concerns regarding wellness program. For the Benefits function, responsibilities include new hire orientations/exit meetings, retirement counseling, participation in the HRIS upgrade, assist with leave of absences, annual open enrollment, benefit plan renewals and support the Program's customer service/benefits hotline.
Key Responsibilities Include, but are not limited to:
- Lead on district wide wellness program (coordinating on-site fitness classes/wellness programs, annual Wellness Fair and lunchtime lectures).
- Quarterly/Annual monitoring and reporting of program participation and effectiveness.
- District liaison with vendors, benefits broker, Wellness Committee and executive sponsor.
- Draft wellness communications and respond to employee questions/concerns.
- Conduct new hire orientations and exit meetings.
- Assistance with administering District-wide benefit programs.
- Assistance with leave of absence administration.
- Assistance with open enrollment, benefit plan renewals and customer service.
Ideal Candidate's Background includes:
Applicants whose experience and background best match the ideal experience, knowledge, skills, abilities and education are considered ideal candidates for the position. To determine the top candidates, each applicant will be assessed based on the ideal candidate criteria as listed below.
• Experience using data to report on metrics and making recommendations to improve programs.
• Experience leading employee orientations and guiding a wellness committee.
• 3 years of experience in a Human Resources role with increasing responsibility.
• 2-3 years of experience supporting wellness initiatives and programs, specifically branding a wellness program and engaging remote workforce in wellness initiatives.
• 3 years of experience employee benefits administration (healthcare renewals, comprehends benefit plan designs, personal file maintenance, processing HR transactions, etc.) highly preferred.
• HRIS experience, including processing of various transactions and events (data entry for new hire, terms), creating and generating ad hoc reports and queries.
• Extensive experience using all Microsoft Office Programs including Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook.
Ideal Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Knowledge of employment-related labor laws and regulations.
• Employee benefits principles including benefits renewal process, open enrollment process, I-9 compliance, personnel file/record retention requirements.
• Project/program management techniques and concepts.
• Ability to develop, implement, market and promote programs district-wide.
• Strong interpersonal communication and customer service skills with the ability to motivate others.
• The ability to work both independently and as a part of a team to support employees at all levels with enthusiasm, initiative and creativity.
• Strong organization and time-management skills.
• Ability to work well under pressure and use conflict management skills to ensure positive employee experience.
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills, project management skills, well-organized, detail oriented.
• Handle sensitive and confidential employment information with tact and discretion.
• Ability to relate effectively with a wide variety of people, both on the telephone and in person and provide service in a courteous, prompt and efficient manner.
• Ability to leverage multiple vendor partnerships effectively to ensure maximum support and services are provided.
• Public speaking/presentation skills to address small and large groups.
Ideal Training / Education:
• Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Human Resources, Public Administration, or related field.
• Continual attendance at seminars covering HR labor laws, compliance updates, regulatory training.
License or Certificate:
HR Certification is a plus.
Possession of, or ability to obtain, an appropriate, valid California driver's license is required. Individuals who do not meet the driver's license requirement due to a disability will be considered for a reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
How to Apply
Closing Date for Applications: March 6, 2019 by 11:59pm
For detailed information regarding requirements and qualifications for this opening and to apply online, please see the job posting by clicking on the following link: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/scvwd
Please visit our website: www.valleywater.org