CalOptima is a county organized health system that administers publicly funded health care coverage for low-income children, adults, seniors and people with disabilities in Orange County, California. CalOptima’s mission is to provide members with access to quality health care services delivered in a cost-effective and compassionate manner. With $3.5 billion in annual revenue, CalOptima serves nearly 800,000 members, delivering services through 14 health networks. For the past five years, CalOptima has been rated the top quality Medi-Cal plan in California, according to the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) Medicaid Health Insurance Plan Ratings 2018–2019.
This position works with the Executive Director, Human Resources (HR) to develop and implement comprehensive performance management programs which are designed to ensure efficient and effective organizational and employee performance, in compliance with applicable employment laws, regulations, statutes, and internal policies, procedures, and guidelines.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Human Resources, Public Administration or other related field; or an equivalent combination of work experience and education is required.
- Minimum 7 years of progressive human resources experience, which includes employee relations and/or organizational development and training required.
- 3 years of supervisory experience preferred.
CalOptima’s Manager, Human Resources must possess the ability to:
- Interpret applicable laws, rules and regulations.
- Establish and foster positive working relationships with individuals and groups at all levels in the organization; handle conflict constructively and develop a consensus.
- Create a culture of customer service focus; including processes and evaluating customer satisfaction.
- Anticipate problems and provide solutions prior to escalation of issue.
- Analyze complex issues, evaluate alternatives, problem solve and implement solutions
- Exercise sound judgment to make and execute decisions.
- Organize, coordinate research, and analyze statistical data; prepare complex reports.
- Maintain confidentiality of information.
- Communicate effectively, both in written and oral formats to diverse audiences.
- Direct, coordinate, and evaluate the work of assigned staff and others.
- Work under the pressure of competing priorities, strict deadlines within a fast-paced environment.
CalOptima’s Manager, Human Resources must have the knowledge of:
- Public sector employment laws, statutes, and regulations; dispute resolution; principles of employee discipline.
- Adult learning theory, instructional design principles and techniques, training methods.
- Advanced Human Resources theory, principles, practices, and techniques.
- Principles and practices of staff supervision, training, and performance evaluation
- Services, policies and general responsibilities and requirements/regulations of areas of Human Resources to which assigned.
- Methods and techniques for organizing and implementing programs or projects.
- Data analysis and metrics that assist the business with decision making.
- Computers, keyboarding, and appropriate software to produce correspondence, charts, spreadsheets, and/or other information applicable to the position assignment.
How to Apply
For a complete job description and to apply online, please go to www.caloptima.org. Questions can be directed to Debbie Neal, Senior Recruiter, 657-235-6891 or firstname.lastname@example.org.