$82,162 – $118,201
Metro District’s Human Resources Director is responsible for managing and directing human resources staff in delivering professional human resources services and consultation to managers, supervisors, and employees. Responsibilities include managing the district’s labor relations, staffing, compensation, benefits, workers’ compensation, safety, and employee development functions. Other duties include developing, recommending, and implementing policies, procedures, and strategic initiatives; ensuring compliance with the state’s human resources system and applicable laws and regulations so that effective and innovative processes are in place to maintain and support a productive and inclusive workforce; and providing expert consultation and guidance to the district’s senior leadership team and managers. This position is also responsible for developing, implementing, and maintaining HR policies and programs focused on attracting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. Occasional local travel and overnight travel required up to 10% of time.
WHY WORK FOR US
We offer excellent employee benefits, such as low-cost health and dental insurance, and affordable dependent coverage. Other benefits include:
- 11 paid holidays per year
- Earn up to 29 paid vacation days a year
- Earn 13 days paid sick time
- Defined pension plan
- Paid life insurance
- Short & long-term disability available
- Paid parental leave available
- Telework may be considered
- Training opportunities
- And more!
To qualify for this position, applicants must have two (2) years of HR managerial experience OR three (3) years of HR supervisory experience OR four (4) years of advanced professional HR experience that includes experience in classification, selection, compensation, and labor and employee relations activities.
If you meet the minimum qualifications and want to be considered further in the selection process, you must address your experience in the areas below in a cover letter and attach it with your resume to the online application.
- Experience handling labor relations functions, including grievances, conducting investigations, recommending corrective actions, performing labor negotiations, and maintaining effective labor-management relationships.
- Experience performing the following functions: job evaluation/classification, recruitment, selection, compensation, safety, and worker’s compensation.
- Experience analyzing, interpreting, and applying federal and state personnel laws, rules, administrative procedures, labor contracts and plans.
- Experience in developing, implementing, and communicating human resources performance metrics.
How to Apply
APPLY ONLINE BY 2/8/2023:
- Go to www.mn.gov/careers
- Click “Search open positions”
- Enter the Job Opening ID “62128” in the Keywords search box and click “>>”
- Click on the Job Title to view the job posting
- Click “Apply for Job”
- When prompted for your Referral Source, please list: Other – IMPA-HR
Only applicants received on mn.gov/careers will be considered.