The Practice Support Services Department of Arnold & Porter has an opening for a Real Estate Project Legal Assistant in the New York office. Applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, school transcript and a short writing sample for consideration.
The Real Estate Project Legal Assistant assists legal staff in preparing for pre and post-closing transactional work and due diligence investigations. Under the appropriate supervision and reporting to the Legal Assistant Manager, the qualified candidate will effectively support attorneys and senior legal assistants on a wide range of legal tasks from deal inception through closure.
Essential responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Supporting attorneys and legal assistants in transactional closings.
- Scheduling lien searches and filings.
- Preparing closing sets.
- Filing and obtaining documents at various courts and agencies.
- Updating minute books and summaries of officers and directors.
- Preparing audit letter responses.
- Conducting research using various resources including databases and the internet.
- Assisting with department projects as needed and performs other work-related duties as assigned.
- A minimum of a high school diploma, with a bachelor’s degree strongly preferred.
- Excellent academic record.
- Superior organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and manage a large workload efficiently and effectively.
- Highly detail-oriented, including the ability to assess and respond to underlying detail issues and implications.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, a commitment to professionalism, integrity, and collegiality.
- Proven ability to multi-task and set priorities while meeting deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Exceptional problem solving skills, critical thinking abilities and the ability to work well under pressure.
- Flexibility to work overtime as necessary, including nights and weekends and travel, as necessary.
Arnold & Porter Kaye Scholer LLP uses E-Verify, which is a web-based system, to confirm the eligibility of our employees to work in the United States. As an E-Verify employer, we verify the identity and employment eligibility of newly hired employees by electronically matching information provided by employees on the Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification, against records available to the Social Security Administration (SSA) and the Department of Homeland Security (DHS). We use E-Verify because we are a federal contractor containing the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) E-Verify clause. Please see the posters for details regarding E-Verify or contact Arnold & Porter’s Human Resources Department for more information. E-Verify Participation Poster and Right-to-work Poster .
Arnold & Porter is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), age, marital or partnership status, familial status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family leave status, citizenship status, immigration status, ancestry, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, or federal laws, rules, or regulations. Our firm's equal opportunity policy applies to all employment practices and terms and conditions, including, without limitation, recruitment, employment, assignment, training, compensation, benefits, promotions, disciplinary action and terminations. To achieve our goal of equal opportunity, Arnold & Porter maintains an affirmative action plan through which it makes good faith efforts to recruit, hire and advance in employment qualified minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans. If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click EEO is the LAW and the Supplement poster.
Arnold & Porter is an EO Employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
How to Apply
To apply, please visit: https://www.arnoldporter.com/en/careers/professional-staff/current-opportunities