$76,744 – $102,844
Applications received through Thursday, June 10, 2021 at 4:30 PM will receive priority first review. This position will remain opened until filled but may be closed at any time qualified candidate is selected.
To view the full job posting adn to appy, visit this link: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/edmondswa/jobs/3089504/safety-disaster-coordinator
About the Position
Under general supervision, serves as an internal safety and disaster program(s) coordinator, administering a comprehensive employee occupational safety, health and training program and serving in the role and performing the duties of the organization’s Disaster Coordinator to comply with applicable Federal and State laws and regulations.
This is a full-time position (.75 safety and .25 disaster coordinator duties). Approximately 30 hours per week will be spent on City-wide safety duties and 10 hours per week will be spent focusing on disaster coordinator duties.
Education and Experience:
- Two years of college-level course work or equivalent emergency management or public administration AND
- Safety training providing a thorough knowledge of laws, regulations and management of emergency management services, occupational safety, industrial hygiene or related field plus work experience in administration of federal or state mandated safety programs and public relations or communications experience required OR
- An equivalent combination of education, training and experience that will allow the incumbent to successfully perform the essential functions of the position.
Required Licenses or Certifications:
- Valid Washington State driver's license or possession of a valid Washington State driver's license within one month of date of hire.
- Current NIMS training (IS Level 100, 200, 700 and 800 certification) or must obtain these certifications within six months of date of hire.
- Safety and Health Specialist Certification preferred.
- Must be able to successfully complete and pass a criminal background check and fingerprinting, as well as periodic ACCESS security training.
How to Apply
A completed online application, an attached resume, and an accompanying cover letter are required to be considered for this position. An incomplete application packet will disqualify you. Applicants may attach additional information that will assist us in the review and selection process.
Visit this link to apply: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/edmondswa/jobs/3089504/safety-disaster-coordinator