$102,800 – $125,252
To apply for this position please complete an application via the City of San Jose’s website at www.sanjoseca.gov/citycareers.
The City of San José, the Capital of Silicon Valley, is one of the nation's best managed cities and one of the top ten cities in which to live work and do business. Moreover, San José is the center of cultural government and economic activity for the region. The employees of the City of San José have embraced the following values: Integrity, Innovation, Excellence, Collaboration, Respect and Celebration.
The Human Resources Department delivers innovative and timely human resources services and leadership to enable the City, its departments, and employees to provide world class municipal services to our diverse residents and visitors. For more information about Human Resources, please visit www.sanjoseca.gov/humanresources.
The total salary range for Senior Analyst classification is $102,800.88 - $125,252.40. This amount includes an approximate five percent (5%) ongoing non-pensionable pay. Actual salary shall be determined by the final candidates’ qualifications and experience.
The Employment Division in the Human Resources department oversees the recruitment needs of the City and it’s classification system. The Senior Analyst will report directly to the Program Manager and will provide highly technical subject matter expertise on classification/compensation projects such as individual position studies, new job class development and class specification revision
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Develop and establish new and updated job classification specifications.
- Conduct position reclassification studies and provide detailed analysis and recommendations to Program Manager.
- Benchmark salary and minimum qualification data from labor market agencies using online sources or by contacting labor market agencies directly.
- Assess class specifications from other agencies including their minimum qualifications, duties, responsibilities, and skills required to perform their job and compare and conduct an analysis against our class specifications.
- Prepare Council and Civil Service Commission memos related to amendments to the classification plan.
- Prepare reports and recommendations for improved City departmental operations, services systems or organizational methods related to classification and compensation.
- Develop contracts and service orders to meet specific City or department needs; prepares bids and specifications; monitors timely fulfillment of deliverables by consultant, reviews compliance of consultant work progress and accuracy of consultant billing submitted for work completed.
This is an exciting opportunity for individuals with a passion for human resources in the public sector. The position requires strong analytical and communications skills, project management and the ability to multitask.
- Education: Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university.
- Experience: Four (4) years of increasingly responsible experience in general management/administrative analytic work in the areas of budget, finance, grant administration, organizational analysis, general administration, human resources, or related field in general analytical work.
- Acceptable Substitutions: One (1) year of additional education above the Bachelor’s Degree level may be substituted for one (1) year of the required management/administrative analytic work.
- Employment Eligibility: Federal law requires all employees to provide verification of their eligibility to work in this country. Please be informed that the City of San Jose will not prepare or file a labor condition application with the Dept. of Labor.
How to Apply
Please note that applications are currently not accepted through CalOpps or any other third party job board application system. To apply, applicants must complete an application via the City of San Jose’s website at www.sanjoseca.gov/citycareers