$108,912 – $157,284
This Senior Human Resources Analyst will be working in the Employee Relations Division of the Human Resources Department, reporting to the Manager of Employee Relations. The successful candidate will be assigned a variety of interesting and challenging labor and employee relations work and will be expected to make decisions under general direction.
Typical assignments may include:
• Participating in and/or leading labor negotiations, including developing proposals, identifying costs, savings and other organizational impacts, drafting agreements and preparing reports and presentations to a variety of stakeholders.
• Conducting workplace investigations and providing a variety of support and counsel to managers and supervisors on disciplinary matters.
• Meeting with staff to gather information and make recommendations intended to resolve a wide variety of personnel concerns.
• Interpreting, explaining, applying and training others on labor agreements, personnel rules, policies, procedures, regulations and relevant state and federal laws.
• Assisting labor attorneys in preparation and presentation of arbitrations or Civil Service hearings, which may include testifying in legal proceedings.
• Responding to grievances and informal concerns and assisting managers and supervisors with their responses.
• Staffing and documenting meetings involving union representatives on a wide variety of employment matters and following up on action items.
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate:
• expertise in all aspects of public sector labor relations as outlined in the description of typical responsibilities and the ability to exercise good judgment.
• experience applying state and federal laws related to labor relations including FLSA, FMLA, ADA, MMBA, DOT, CFRA and CFEHA.
• ability to develop good working relationships with a variety of stakeholders and to maintain a professional and cordial demeanor at all times.
• skill in communicating and interacting with others on complex matters with concision, both orally and in writing.
• experience working as a lead with assigned staff.
• experience developing and presenting training and other presentations.
• familiarity with other public sector human resources activities including recruitment and selection, classification and compensation, training and benefits administration.
• SHRM and Labor Relations Masters certification are preferred but not required.
• public sector experience is preferred but not required.
The annual salary is $108,912 up to $157,284. Initial placement within the range is based upon qualifications. Appointment is typically made at or below the control point ($141,588 annually).
EBMUD offers an excellent benefits program that includes: paid vacation, holidays and sick leave; family health insurance coverage; family dental and vision care plans; retirement plan (reciprocal with CalPERS); 401(k), 401(a) and 457(b) tax-deferred retirement plans; transit subsidy; tuition reimbursement; and opportunities for professional growth including training and career development.
1. Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent.
2. Three years of experience in employee relations work.
3. Valid California driver’s license and a satisfactory driving record.
4. Willingness to work during evening and weekend hours as needed.
How to Apply
Submit a completed EBMUD application and the required supplemental question responses online at www.ebmud.com/jobs by 4:30 p.m., Friday, October 23, 2020. Only application materials submitted online during the filing period will be accepted.