$80,405 – $138,822
The County of Ventura’s Sheriff’s Office is currently seeking a Sheriff's Disability Management Analyst to join their HR Team.
Under general direction of the Sheriff's Human Resources Director and Sheriff's Human Resources Manager, provides professional support to the disability and return-to-work functions for the Sheriff's Office. Performs related work as required; provides information, reports as well as responds to requests for assistance, coordination and intervention within the areas of leave of absence, workers’ compensation, and return-to-work integration, monitors for compliance with applicable rules and regulations, including California Labor Code, Workers' Compensation, Government Code, Safety and OSHA regulations.
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate will possess extensive professional experience with return-to-work, the interactive process and reasonable accommodation; will possess strong written and oral communication skills; and will have strong interpersonal skills necessary to foster effective working relationships.
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND EXPERIENCE
Personnel Analyst II:
Considerable experience in Workers' Compensation, Leave of Absence, Disability Management, and/or conducting Interactive Processes which has led to the acquisition of the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
Personnel Analyst III:
Extensive experience in Workers' Compensation, Leave of Absence, Disability Management, and/or conducting Interactive Processes which has led to the acquisition of the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
NECESSARY SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS
Knowledge and experience with the interactive process
Some to considerable knowledge and experience applying laws including ADA, FEHA, CFRA, FMLA, PDL, etc.
Excellent written communication skills must be demonstrated in the completion of the employment application and supplemental questionnaire.
This position requires occasional travel to various work sites throughout Ventura County. Therefore, incumbent must possess at the time of appointment, and maintain thereafter, a valid California driver license.
- Experience with integrated Disability Absence Management, Worker’s Compensation, 4850, Benefits, Labor Relations, Risk Management, OSHA and workplace safety, and reasonable accommodations.
- Knowledge and experience with leave and payroll/employee data bases such as Oracle/PeopleSoft (HRMS system) and/or Presagia (disability management tracking system)
- Knowledge and experience managing COVID-19 leaves of absence
- Possession of certification in disability or leave management
- Experience coordinating benefits, payroll and employee leaves.
- Experience working in a unionized environment.
- Advanced communication and Human Resources skills with the ability to mediate and communicate in a persuasive manner.
How to Apply
For further information about this recruitment and to apply online, visit our website at http://www.ventura.org/jobs.
For additional inquiries, contact Jessica Ruiz by e-mail at Jessica.email@example.com or by telephone at (805) 654-2419.
FILING DEADLINE: Applications must be received by County of Ventura Human Resources no later than 5:00 p.m. on Friday, July 23, 2021.