$77,000 – $109,000
Sr. Compensation Representative (HR Representative, Sr.)
Department(s): Human Resources
Reports to: Manager, Human Resources (Compensation & HRIS)
FLSA status: Non-Exempt
Salary Grade: L - $37.0192 - $52.4038 ($77,000 - $109,000)
The HR Representative, Sr. (Compensation) plays an integral role in ensuring that pay practices are equitable and competitive within established benchmarks so CalOptima can effectively attract and retain qualified employees. Primary responsibilities include evaluating and proposing job offers, market analyses, salary surveys, equity adjustments, and compensation education and communication with internal stakeholders. The HR Representative, Sr. (Compensation) may also assist in other activities that support the agency's compensation philosophy, policies, and guidelines.
- Evaluates existing and proposed job descriptions; classifies according to level of responsibility; researches comparable job pay in the market using public databases and compensation tools.
- Participates in and utilizes salary surveys to establish and adjust job classification content and pay rates.
- Maintains job description documentation, databases, and tables related to job codes and job families.
- Serves as the point-of-contact for job descriptions; works with department leaders to create or revise job descriptions, benchmark to market, propose classification, recommend salary grade, and prepare proposal for board review.
- Assists manager with streamlining compensation-related business processes and providing proactive education and training.
- Prepares job offer analyses and proposed pay rates, using consistent methodology and fact-based reasoning; presents offers to Compensation Manager and HR Director for review and approval.
- Maintains compensation trackers and metrics.
- Conducts analysis on internal and external salary statistics as requested.
- Stays current on applicable labor laws and regulations, market trends in compensation administration, and competitive pay practices.
- Collaborates with manager on compensation related projects.
- Other projects and duties as assigned.
Possesses the Ability To:
- Communicate compensation policies and processes clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing.
- Maintain a high degree of confidentiality and sensitivity.
- Apply a high level of detail and self-audit practices to ensure quality work.
- Analyze salary data and the ability to convey information in legible communications.
- Apply strong analytical skills and a firm understanding of how the organization functions.
- Be detail-oriented and stay organized.
- Identify compensation issues and problems, develop solutions, and prepare recommendations.
- Be self-directed, adaptable to change, and able to lead a project.
- Utilize computers and access appropriate software (i.e., Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook) to produce correspondence, charts, reports, spreadsheets and/or other information applicable.
Experience & Education:
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business Administration/Management, other related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- 5 years of experience in Compensation/Classification required.
- Public Sector Human Resources experience preferred.
- Certified Compensation Professional (CCP) through the World at Work Association preferred.
- Project management and time management skills.
- Compensation/Classification best practices
- Compensation tools and databases, such as Salary.com, CompAdmin, and Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS).
- Professional business writing, spelling/grammar, and tone/polish.
CalOptima is an equal employment opportunity employer and makes all employment decisions on the basis of merit. CalOptima wants to have qualified employees in every job position. CalOptima prohibits unlawful discrimination against any employee, or applicant for employment, based on race, religion/religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, sex stereotype, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transitioning status, age, sexual orientation, immigration status, military status as a disabled veteran, or veteran of the Vietnam era, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. CalOptima also prohibits unlawful discrimination based on the perception that anyone has any of those characteristics or is associated with a person who has, or is perceived as having, any of those characteristics.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to access job openings or apply for a job on this site as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by contacting Human Resources Disability Management at 657-900-1134.
Job Location: Orange, California
To apply, visit https://jobs.silkroad.com/CalOptima/Careers/jobs/3568
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency jeid-7232b27e27e8454bb3a0afd5bff47f50