$59,545 – $95,271
$59,545 / year or higher DOQ Full time County benefits
Would you like to help develop and interpret the compensation plan for business units as diverse as the Police Department to Library systems? Making a difference in your local community, James City County is seeking an experienced classification and compensation HR professional who also has experience in employee relations, HRIS and policy development. The successful candidate for the Senior Human Resource Specialist will have; knowledge of compensation/classification management principles, job evaluation techniques and salary/wage analysis. The County provides generous training and continuing education programs in addition to other benefit programs.
- Develops, implements, administers compensation and incentive policy, procedures, practices, and programs.
- Conducts surveys and studies labor markets to determine compensation trends; analyzes jobs, and reviews job descriptions and specifications; applies job evaluation techniques to establish equitable compensation rates within the organization as compared with rates in industry.
- Works with Human Resource staff, supervisors and employees to resolve employee relations and management issues, which may include disciplinary actions, discriminatory harassment, complaints and grievances; ensures actions taken are in compliance with James City County personnel policies and procedures, sound human resource management practices, and applicable laws and regulations.
- Keeps up-to-date on current trends and legislation in the human resource field; recommends changes to policies, procedures, and practices to reflect best management practices and comply with current laws and regulations
Click here for full job description. Accepting applications until position is filled.
- Any combination of education and experience equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree in human resource management or related field; master's degree and/or certification as a human resource professional through an approved agency preferred; and, considerable professional human resource work experience including managing a computerized HRIS database, preferably in the public sector.
- Considerable knowledge of major employment laws impacting Human Resources legal compliance including Title VII, FLSA, Equal Pay Act, ADAAA, FMLA, and other employment legislation and regulations, HR policies and procedures and implementation, supervisory practices and principles, and customer service.
- Skilled in assessing priorities, developing and implementing HR policies and procedures, and trends related to HR.
- Demonstrated ability to compose correspondence and policies, analyze and interpret data and prepare reports drawing logical conclusions.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, to a diverse audience.
- Experience in Employee Relations and certification in Human Resources and Compensation preferred.
How to Apply
Only online applications to our website will be considered. To apply, please visit the James City County Career Center at https://jobs.jamescitycountyva.gov