$78,395 – $120,369
The Staffing and Compensation Manager reports to the Director of Human Resources and is responsible for management of the City’s compensation, classification, recruitment and staffing strategies for the City of Virginia Beach.
- Manages the City's classification systems and the application of federal and state compensation laws to municipal employees;
- Manages the city's personnel staffing and recruitment system and the application of federal and state employment and EEO laws to applicants and municipal employees;
- Recommends adjustments and revisions to the city's compensation plans to ensure that the City's compensation system is internally equitable and externally competitive;
- Provides administrative interpretations of the City code, policies, and procedures related to recruitment and selection as well as classification and compensation of municipal employees to ensure that all employees are treated fairly and equitably;
- Coordinates the research and analysis of data and reports concerning all aspects of the employment and compensation function to identify potential and existing issues and to develop and present recommendations for improvement and resolution;
- Manages the employee transaction process and associated policies, including position control, the processing of personnel transactions and maintenance of employee records;
- Oversees the release of employee information in accordance with the FOIA;
- Monitors the accomplishment of work to ensure timely completion of tasks and quality work performance;
- Oversee the coordination of job analysis and test development projects;
- Assesses and evaluates testing and selection process needs and development or assessment of selection instruments or test results;
- Makes recommendations regarding appropriateness of selection instruments.
For more information and to apply on-line go to www.vbgovcareers.com EOE
Requires any combination of higher-level education and experience equivalent to twelve (12) years, including two (2) years managing Human Resources Professionals, in fields utilizing the required knowledge, skills and abilities, and associated with such positions as Employment Manager, Compensation Manager, or related.
How to Apply
For more information and to apply on-line go to www.vbgovcareers.com