$61,480 – $73,000
What You'll Be Doing
Join an award-winning Human Resources department. The Talent Acquisition & Compensation team of Wake County Human Resources is seeking a highly motivated, skilled and knowledgeable HR Consultant to provide recruitment, classification and compensation services for assigned departments. In this position you will work with department leadership regarding recruitment initiatives and hiring needs, position design and creation, classification and compensation. In this role you will:
- Advise hiring managers regarding policies, procedures and best practices related to recruitment, classification and compensation
- Consult with hiring managers and executive staff members on effective talent acquisition strategies including job postings, sourcing techniques, and applicant screening and selection methods
- Review, edit and post vacancy announcements
- Screen applications and refer best qualified candidates to hiring managers
- Provide consultation on organizational structure and position design
- Analyze classification requests, determine appropriate position classification and write technical documentation to support the decisions
- Perform compensation analysis for hiring decisions by analyzing pay factors and market ranges
- Prepare and deliver talent acquisition, classification, compensation, and HR systems training to hiring managers and departmental representatives to ensure consistency with County policies and best practices
This position reports to the Talent Acquisition and Compensation Manager and is one of four (4) Consultants assigned to the Talent Acquisition and Compensation Team along with a Talent Acquisition Specialist. The County consists of 22 departments. The Consultants are assigned to departments and serve as their resource on a broad range of talent acquisition, classification and compensation-related policies, forms and processes.
About Our Team
Through strategic partnership with County leadership, the Human Resources Department provides collaborative, innovative human resource programs and services that are customer-driven and results-oriented. With 36 full-time employees and an annual operating and benefits budget of $52 million, the Human Resources Department manages a variety of services, including: Benefits Administration; Employee Wellness; Recruitment, Classification and Compensation; Employee Relations and Staff Development; Payroll; and HR Systems. The National Association of Counties (NACo) has consistently recognized Wake County’s Human Resources Department for excellence in employee wellness, technology and talent acquisition. By continually seeking and implementing innovative approaches that are widely recognized as industry models, Wake County’s HR department positioned the County for national recognition as the Healthiest Employer of the Triangle and 2nd Healthiest Workplace in America for 2018. Visit our Careers page for additional information. Visit our Benefits page for additional information regarding Wake County benefits.
About This Position
Location: Waverly F. Akins Wake County Office Building Raleigh, NC
Employment Type: Regular
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday; 8:30am - 5:15pm
Hiring Range: $61,480 - $73,000
Posting Closing Date: 7:00 pm on 5/3/2021
What Makes Wake Great
Home to the State Capital, Wake County is one of the fastest growing areas in the nation and the most populous county in the state, with more than 1.1 million residents. The County has received national and international rankings and accolades from publications such as Money, Fortune, and Time magazines as being one of the best places to live, work and play. The central location of the County allows for a short drive to the spectacular mountains or coast. Wake County Government is governed by a seven-member Board of Commissioners, who are elected at-large to serve two-year terms. Wake County Government has a general operating budget of $1.47 billion, employs approximately 4,200 employees, experiences minimal turnover, and is an award-winning leader in wellness and technology initiatives; such as offering employees and covered spouses free access to the Employee Health Center. Wake County Government offers a wide range of training and development opportunities, a stable career in public service with a balance of work and family life, flexible work schedules and a competitive salary and benefits package.
The Basics (Required Education and Experience)
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management, Public Administration, Business Administration or related field.
- Three years of experience in human resources. Equivalent education and experience combination accepted.
Beyond the Basics (Preferred Education and Experience)
- Experience in the areas of talent acquisition, classification and compensation/salary administration
- Experience in federal, state or local government human resources
How Will We Know You're 'The One'?
- Knowledge of local, state and federal laws and regulations governing position classification, salary administration and general employment standards
- Critical thinking skills to analyze complex situations and propose recommendations supported by defensible documentation
- Ability to interact and communicate effectively with individuals at all levels of the organization with tact and diplomacy
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
- Ability to analyze and interpret data, policies and procedures
- Ability to independently prioritize, manage and coordinate multiple assignments
- Proficiency in both Microsoft Word and Excel
How to Apply
Please apply by May 2 online at: https://ewaketalent.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/3/home/requisition/2693?c=ewaketalent