We’re always adding new tests to the development schedule — and every test development project comes with opportunities for great benefits and discounts for participating departments. You’ll find current information about where we need help here, so be sure to bookmark this page and check back often to see what’s new!
Your Expertise is Key
It takes the help of agencies like yours from all over the country to ensure we’re creating tests that are both effective and fair. Your expertise provides us with the essential data we need to continue developing assessment products of the highest standard. In short: we can’t do it without you.
There are three stages of the test development process where we need your help.
- Job Analysis. In this stage we ask you to complete a questionnaire that rates three things: how important specific tasks are to the job; how frequently those tasks are performed; and how important the knowledge, skills, abilities, and personal characteristics listed are to performing the job effectively.
- Subject-matter Expert (SME) Review. At this stage we ask you to review the test questions, and for each one, rate its clarity, importance and relevance to the job.
- Validation Studies. This stage has two parts: 1) we ask the men and women in your agency who are doing the job to take the test; and 2) we ask their direct supervisors to evaluate their job performance using a standard form provided by us.
Benefits of Participation
What do you get for your participation besides the great feeling of knowing you’re helping public service agencies all across the country — even the world?
- Discounts and rewards. For each stage in which your agency participates, you'll receive a discount of up to 30% off future test orders. Plus, many of our participants win free catered meals for their shift.
- Better equipped. You'll be better equipped to defend your jurisdiction's selection process if you help develop the test you're using.
- Hire better candidates. High-quality tests help you select high-quality candidates, saving your agency the costly expense of turnover while upholding the reputation of the hardworking men and women in your field.
- It’s free! A test development and validation project of this scale done internally could cost your agency in excess of $100,000. Participation in our test development projects is free — plus, you'll earn discounts toward future test orders!
To learn more about our current test development projects, please fill out and submit the form on the right side of this page.
Please note: discounts may not be utilized on the PSACS.