They’re the eyes and ears of your agency — the “go-to” person in the office. Effective administrative support staff possess a skill set that allows them to step in wherever needed and without skipping a beat. But how do you know if you’re hiring a gem?
We can help.
IPMA-HR’s Administrative Support Series is key to hiring candidates with the essential criteria to be successful in your government agency. In this section, you’ll find information on the following:
The individual and combined modules that make up IPMA-HR’s Administrative Support Series were designed to determine whether a candidate has the basic knowledge, skills, abilities and personal characteristics (KSAPs) necessary to successfully perform the duties of essential administrative support personnel such as, communicating with the public in a pleasant and courteous manner; taking written messages; listening to visitors’ questions; answering the phone and greeting visitors; using proper spelling, punctuation and grammar; and proofreading correspondence.
In addition to individual modules, we oﬀer two Combined Administrative Support Modules (CASM). These combinations offer some of our most popular modules in two, easy-to-administer formats.
- CASM-1: Grammar, Punctuation, Vocabulary, Spelling & Basic Filing // $12.50
- CASM-2: Reasoning, Basic Math & Following Written Instructions // $9.50
Each module in the Administrative Support Series was developed to match — as closely as possible — the tasks performed on the job. The examinations have been developed in this format so you can pick the modules that pertain to the administrative support position for which you’re hiring.
Custom Combined Modules
Did you know that you now have the option to combine ANY of the individual multiple-choice administrative support modules we offer to create one test booklet for easy administration and scoring? You can also access the modules through our Online Test Administration Service (OTAS).
Here's how it works:
- To start, we need three (3) weeks' notice prior to your test date.
- All modules are combined into one booklet, so you can use just one answer sheet -- easy administration!
- The modules that can be combined include: A, B, C, D, E, F, H, J, M and N.
- The title of the module will be all modules you include. For example, if you order modules A, B, D and H, the title would be, "Administrative Module Series A, B, D and H."
- A customized scoring template is created. Note: You can still use Maryland state scoring, if you wish - just send the state a key for each combined module that you create.
- Please note that we will not be accepting booklet returns for custom combined module orders.
Additional Costs: Each physical combined module includes an administrative cost of $200. However, if you will be administering the combined modules online, the administrative cost is $100. If an order contains more than 200 booklets, an additional printing fee will be added based on the total order - please contact us for pricing.