About the Assessment
Know which candidates will be successful on the job before you hire them. IPMA-HR's CO-EL 100 Series assess the knowledge, skills, abilities, and other characteristics (KSAOs) necessary for success as a new correctional officer. No prior training or experience in assumed of candidates taking any of IPMA-HR's entry-level assessments.
- Reading and understanding written instructions and job-related materials, such as procedure manuals and resource materials
- Apply given policies to hypothetical situations
- Ability to keep up with inmate counts based on their comings and goings
- Ability to observe details in a series of pictures, including "head counts"
- Judging the best course of action in a hypothetical prison situation