We only get one chance to make a first impression. This axiom also holds true for organizations: you only have one chance to make a good first impression with newly hired employees. A negative first impression can destroy an agency’s recruitment, retention and employer branding strategies. To say there's a lot at stake would be an understatement.
Why a Good Onboarding Program is Important
Onboarding is critical to the success of your new employees — and your agency. In fact, it has become a major factor in determining the long term success of new hires. Systematic onboarding programs improve employee performance, maximize retention, increase employee engagement, and accelerate new employee time to productivity.
The Benefits of IPMA-HR's Onboarding Guide
- Get a guide designed specifically for the public sector by an expert in public sector HR.
- Gain a greater understanding of what makes a successful onboarding program — and why it matters.
- Access real-world tools, including a best practices checklist, sample onboarding policy, examples of employee activities, evaluation forms and more.
Easy to use, IPMA-HR's Onboarding Guide serves as a perfect reference source for HR professionals and is an invaluable tool for any agency. Included in the Onboarding Guide are nine information-rich chapters and appendices that provide you with such tools as a best practices checklist, sample onboarding policy, examples of activities, and evaluation forms. The nine chapters of the Onboarding Guide include:
- What is Onboarding?
- Why a Good Onboarding Program Matters
- New Employees Speak About Their Onboarding Experiences
- Onboarding Goals
- Onboarding Framework/Model
- Onboarding Framework Principles
- Goals of Each Onboarding Phase
- Onboarding Roles and Responsibilities
- Evaluating the Effectiveness of Your Onboarding Process
How to Order
IPMA-HR’s Onboarding Guide (First Edition) is $25.00 per copy and includes free shipping within the U.S. when ordered two weeks in advance.
***Please note that there are no refunds or returns on this product***
You may order online by downloading and completing the order form (an email and fax number is included on the form) or call the Professional Development Department at (703) 549-7100 to complete your order by phone.