The monthly magazine of the International Public Management Association for Human Resources provides Association members with timely and practical information for public sector HR professionals, including practice tips, research findings, legislative updates and inspiring stories.
We invite practitioners, academics and subject matter experts to contribute original, vendor-neutral articles that have not previously been published in print or online. IPMA-HR members and nonmembers are welcome to write for the magazine, and publishing an article earns the author points toward recertifying as an IPMA-CP or IPMA-SCP.
How to Pitch Your Article to HR News
We publish original, vendor-neutral articles that are 750-1,500 words long. Articles should be easy-to-read and relevant to and timely for readers who work in the public sector. Topics can range from workplace matters, program development, how-tos, lessons learned and inspiring stories.
Please send your idea for an article to firstname.lastname@example.org with “HR News Magazine article for consideration” in the subject line.
- Include a proposed title for your article
- 2-3 sentences outlining the article you want to contribute
- Your contact information, including your position title and email address
Article pitches will be reviewed for fit with editorial priorities, as reflected in the Editorial Calendar. More details on HR News style will be sent to authors whose pitches are accepted.
- August 2022: Trends in Benefits & Compensation
- September 2022: What Works for Upskilling, Training and Professional Development
- October 2022: Recruiting, Hiring and Promoting Without Bias
- November 2022: Surviving the Great Resignation
- December 2022: Innovations in Public Sector HR
- January 2023: HR Today and Tomorrow